Are you still using Windows XP? Time to begin puzzling over upgrading. On April 8, 2014 Microsoft can finish support for Windows XP. End of support implies that Microsoft won’t unleash new security updates, non-security hot fixes and no free or paid power-assisted support choices or on-line technical content updates.
What does it mean if you are still using Windows XP?
If you’re still on XP April 8, 2014, and new vulnerabilities are discovered and exploited, you’re in danger. This can be a major security issue. New viruses and malware will benefit of this make mayhem on your laptop with none support from Microsoft. There’ll be no software system patches (software fixes) discharged to handle these. If your Windows XP machine is on the web, it’s vulnerable.
If you have got been pushing aside upgrading to Windows 7 or 8, now is the time to try to do it. Both Windows 7 and 8 are nice operative systems and can be supported by Microsoft for quite whereas. If you are distressed concerning Windows 8, don’t be. Whereas Windows 8 has been compared to Windows Vista it does not have constant issues Vista did once it absolutely was discharged.
You will have to upgrade a number of your applications to run on a more modern version of Windows. Software system like QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, however creating the switch is pretty painless and you may be glad you probably did.
Newer versions of Windows have variety of enhancements that Windows XP does not, together with higher security, networking, performance, and support the newest hardware and software system. Windows 7 or Windows 8 even have additional advance backup options together with the power to make system pictures (backups of your entire system, together with programs, settings, passwords, etc.)
Do you still want a Windows XP computer?
If you continue to have to be compelled to have Windows XP to run bound applications or maintain compatibility with bound hardware you must disconnect it from your network and also the net. This can be primarily wherever your infections can return from. If you wish to transfer files between it and another laptop you will use an external Winchester drive or a flash drive.
Microsoft will be ending support for Office 2003. Office 2003 isn’t supported by Windows 8, therefore you were coming up with on going the route, you’d ought to upgrade anyway. a bit like staying with Windows XP, keeping Office 2003 is a security risk – no new patches are going to be discharged for security holes found.
If you have been pushing aside upgrading that previous clunker, now is the time beginning for buying a new system.
Latest posts by Himanshu Asri (see all)
- You Are Still Using Windows XP? Upgrade It Before 8th April 2014 - March 31, 2014
January 28, 2015 By Don Davis
November 25, 2014 By Don Davis
September 10, 2014 By Don Davis
- Microsoft’s Windows 10 can be a Formidable Choice for Enterprise! January 28, 2015
- Cheap Computer Repair Does Not mean Bad! December 17, 2014
- BestTech247’s Guide To Viruses, Malware, Trojans And Other Nasty Stuff! November 25, 2014
- TIPS FOR THE SAFETY OF COMPUTER! November 19, 2014
- Share Your Computer With Your Family And Stay Sensible! November 12, 2014
- Should I store my data on an external hard drive? November 8, 2014
- How to Backup Your Computer Data! November 2, 2014
- How to Make Your PC Faster ? SpeedUp Slow Computer! October 29, 2014
- Trusted Computer Support For Businesses Throughout USA October 25, 2014
- 10 Tips and Tricks to boost a Windows PC October 20, 2014
- File system issues and display options in Windows7 October 11, 2014
- Troubleshooting Tips by TST September 23, 2014
- The Tech Squad Today ‘s public page hit 700 likes! September 18, 2014
- How to Setup and Install September 17, 2014
- We have turned 3. It is our birthday – but the celebration is for you! September 10, 2014